❄LEATHER CLOTHING & APPAREL CARE
LEATHER CLOTHING & APPAREL CARE
CARE SAFETY MEASURES
We recommend spraying any leather item: soak well before the first use, unless the manufacturer has indicated that it is made of processed leather.
Basic caring rules for leather things
- It would be best if you tried any care first on the inside of the material.
- Never use an acidic solution.
- You should hang wet leather items on special hangers to dry at room temperature.
- Never store leather items in plastic bags.
- Ironing can only be done on the wrong side (use a cloth, cover the garment and iron in Woollens mode).
- Protect from intense (direct) sunlight.
- When used in a car, seats without padding will cause friction and heat, which can cause colours to rub off (sand).
SUEDE, NUBUK: leather with a rough surface
Suede crack, the coarse-grained crack, may lose its appearance the first time it is worn.
- can be restored with a vacuum cleaner,
- can be polished with damp suede,
- can be fixed with a sticky roller,
- when putting on leather things for the first time, select other clothes according to the colour.
- Brush the suede when the fibre is glued, using a sponge or rubber brush in different directions: along and against the nap.
- Clean suede clothing regularly using a rubber brush or sponge.
- Do not wear suede clothes so that the collar is in contact with your skin.
- Take regular care of your collar, edges of pockets, sleeves end using a rubber brush or a leather eraser.
NAPPA: coloured coating
- Use a soft leather eraser to remove water stains.
- Clean and remove greasy stains using a soft cloth and Nappa polish.
- If heavily soiled: use a skin cleaner, but apply gently.
ANILINE: transparent coating
- Remove scratches with the thumb pad.
- The greasy spots will disappear gradually without any intervention. Just wait.
- Remove greasy ends with a skin eraser.
- Hold water stains over steam.
- Do not use greasy Nappa polish.
- Please note: Aniline leathers have a specific coating and therefore do not need to be cleaned too often.
LIVING FLOOR: coated suede
- You can wipe water stains and light dirt off the impregnated Nappalan. Use a soft skin eraser. Do not use liquid stain remover (may leave marks and remove coatings).
A specialist should only carry out basic cleaning. Please send your leather item to a cleaning specialist who specializes in cleaning leather.